23 March 2006

Convo with Mum while walking to the shop
Mak: Kau tau ada tak pegi rumah cik jah dengan mak cik kau biler hari raya tahun lepas?
Me: Err..A'ah.
Mak: Tadi makcik kau ceritakan aku..Cik Jah tu punya sedara berkenan kat kau..Nak jodohkan kau ngan anak dier yang baru abis universiti.
Me: *dumbfounded but in my heart almost burst out laughing*
Mak: Aku ketawa biler mak cik kau ceritakan aku pasal tu. Abeh mak cik kau cakap anak sedara saya masih nak belajar lagi. HAHAHA!

You know what it means when someone wants to jodohkan a girl and a guy?
Well, it spells MATCHMAKING!!!
Argh!! It will be a total nightmare I tell you.
Alrite, for the sake of some non-malays out there I'll summarize my conversation with my mum in English.
Apparently, during last year Hari Raya's Visit to one of my aunties house, a visitor (Mak cik X) was interested to get his son married to me (Like out of all people..Why me?). The story was told by my aunt to my mum who almost died due to laughing so much. Haha! Thank goodness my aunt came to the rescue by telling Mak Cik X that I'm still furthering my studies and not ready for marriage. I love you aunt!
Phew~! That was a close encounter with arranged marriage which I am so against.
Yesterday I was happily laughing my ass off about him being matchmake or so with a girl and today I got this kind of story from my mom. How coincidental?

I think I should stop that there.
Traumatizing!

No comments: